Google updated its AMP Validation Tool that will now validate the Web Story format. The newly updated AMP validation tool will now be able to test if a website has a valid Web Story format.
1. Google’s New Updated AMP Validation Tool for Web Story
Google’s updated Web Story validator tool helps web story publishers to check and determine if their web stories are valid. It should be helpful for them in fixing troubleshooting issues.
The Web Story validator tool and the AMP Validation tool both are available at the same location. The Web Story validator tool input accepts both AMP URLs and Web Story URLs for validation, which removes the need for a separate tool for validating a website’s Web Story format.
Actually, the updated AMP validation tool for Web Story and the AMP validation tool exists at the same location because the Web Story format feature itself is a subcategory of AMP. Therefore, it was initially called AMP Stories.
This fact probably clarifies your doubt about why the Web Story validator and the AMP validator are in the same location.
2. What is Web Story?
A Web Story is a visual storytelling format with engaging animations and tappable interactions in Google Search results and it’s a type of Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP) story that engages the readers in a fast-loading click-through full-screen experience. Web Stories can also appear in Google Images and the Google app. Simply, It’s meant to be a quick method for your website visitors to consume your web content.
Web Stories can be eligible for display in a range of ways on Google. For example, Web stories can have short videos and also feature images with limited amounts of text content that explain what the whole content is about.
That’s why Google calls this web stories as snackable content because it’s meant to convey fundamental information without binding the reader to a long article. However, a reader can click through a web story to read more if they are interested to read further.
3. Benefits of Web Story
Web story is not an alternative for regular web content but, they are an additional approach to attract users’ engagement while monetizing existing content by generating advertising earnings.
Here are the major Benefits of Web Story:
- Web Stories load quickly and offer users a smooth user experience.
- The tappable format of web story offers creative opportunities for visual storytelling with design flexibility that generates more engagement from users.
- Web Stories are a part of the open web so they can be easily shared and embedded across multiple websites and apps without being limited to a single ecosystem.
- Web Stories help you to monetize your existing web content through advertising.
Web Stories presently support two forms of ads:
- Single page ad: Each single page ad contains a pre-defined CTA button which ideally directs visitors to a post-click landing page.
- Sponsored story ad: This ad category is an individual multi-story. It works similar to a sponsored story where publishers can drive traffic from the CTA URL button of a single page ad.
4.WordPress Plugin for Google Web Story
Google launched a WordPress plugin for Web Stories Which help publishers to create Web Story and gain more traffic through the Web Story format. The WordPress plugin is in beta version.
So, the current version of Web Story WordPress plugin is missing animation and page attachment support. The final version will contain all features and be smoother than the beta version which will be released later this summer, 2020.
By using this new updated AMP validation tool you can create a valid Web Story format that boosts your ranking on Google. Because Web Story is a new form of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) that helps your website to rank at the top of Google search, Google images, and Google App.
- Updated AMP Validation Tool: Google Updates AMP Validation Tool to Support Web Story - August 1, 2020
- Top 12 Industries That Can be Survived During COVID-19 Situation with the Help of Digital Marketing - July 13, 2020
- Facebook Shops: A New Disruption on Shopify Ecosystem - July 6, 2020
- How an Offshore Digital Marketing Agency Can Help a Corporate Business to Survive from COVID-19 Pandemic Issues. - May 27, 2020
- 10 Effective Steps to Build the Perfect Marketing Mix for Your Business - April 7, 2020
- 7 Tips on How to Work from Home Amid COVID-19, The Right Way! - March 27, 2020
- 6 Simple Tips That Can Drastically Improve Your Website’s User Experience - February 10, 2020
- Top 10 Best Travel Destinations in Sri Lanka to Visit in 2020 - January 22, 2020
- How to Create a Content Plan for Instagram:10 Tips for Beginners - December 31, 2019
- Colombo Lotus Tower – The Pride of Sri Lanka Illuminates Colombo Skyline - October 17, 2019